Aerospace and Defense Solutions
The aerospace and defense industry is becoming increasingly competitive and faces new product complexity as mechanical, electrical and software disciplines continue to converge. Seamless collaboration and effective product data management are critical to shorten product development cycles, optimize change management, and meet the stringent quality standards.
Airbus is leveraging Aras as a test information management system that manages complex structural test data sets end-to-end across multiple sites and suppliers.
Boeing Insitu develops and manufactures unmanned aircraft systems. Aras is used for BOM management, engineering change, CMII compliance, and tractability.
GE Aviation leverages Aras Innovator for engineering and supply chain management, BOM management, part master, change management and more.
U.S. Army uses Aras for Lean Six Sigma, BOM management, equipment and tooling management, work instructions, program management and more.
Driving Product and Process Excellence
Aerospace and Defense companies face the same concerns as other manufacturers, including globalized product design and development, increasing product complexity, reduced cycle times and cost management in challenging economic times. At the same time, A&D companies must also address rigorous geographic regulatory requirements, complex security issues and stringent quality standards.
We offer solutions specifically for Aerospace and Defense that are powered by Aras Innovator. Innovator's suite of out-of-the-box solutions, coupled with its flexibility, is helping companies optimize product development, minimize risk and improve quality while supporting on-going and sustainable innovation and technological excellence.
Integrated Quality and Compliance
- Global Product Development - Lean, DFSS and Six Sigma
- Quality and Compliance - APQP / CAPA, CMMI, AS9100
- CMII Configuration and Change Management - Level 5
- Business Intelligence and Analytics, with Reports, Scorecards, Dashboards and KPI Metric
- Highly Secure, Easy to Use Web-based Environment with Intuitive Microsoft Look and Feel
U.S. Army Attains Six Sigma with Aras PLM
Learn how the U.S. Army improved configuration management for lean manufacturing processes and total productive maintenance with Aras to achieve Lean Six Sigma results.
Preconfigured Arospace & Defense Solutions Modules
Highlights and Benefits
- Concurrent work and collaboration across the supply-chain by leveraging a single source of product, process and resource definition.
- Rapidly develops and manages more variants while maximizing part reuse by using templates, morphing techniques and knowledge management.
- Build the product right the first time by designing and validating multi-disciplinary data – from structure to engine and system – within a single digital mock-up.
- Accelerate the start of production by defining production lines concurrently with product design.
- Provides supply-chain and manufacturing with visibility into evolving requirement and design changes so that scheduling delays and costly rework can be avoided.
- Optimizes design, operation, and maintenance processes to improve customer experiences and reduce the cost of ownership.
- Adopts quality methodologies and best practices for critical processes that improve aircraft quality and speed up certification.
- Drives cost out of design and production processes across the organization through automation, streamlining, and synchronization.
Aerospace and Defense Resources
Aerospace and Defence Case Studies
Boeing Insitu's - Change Management
Learn how Boeing Insitu customized, implemented and rolled out Aras, improving Engineering Change Approval and Release by 90%. Read the White Paper
PACE Aerospace Utilizes Aras PLM
Learn how PACE Aerospace Engineering and Information Technology GmbH utilizes Aras as Configuration Management Backbone. Read White Paper.
U.S. Army Attains Lean Six Sigma Success
Learn how the U.S. Army improved configuration management for Lean manufacturing processes and Total Productive Maintenance with Aras to achieve Lean Six Sigma results. Read the White Paper.
Aerospace and Defence Videos
Complex Product Data Management
Join Aras's Lisa Costa as she walks you through a live demonstration of PDM designed to handle today's complex product and processes
Change Management OOTB - Boeing Insitu
Aras Innovator 11: Overview Demo
Learn more about Boeing Insitu's ability to makes optimize their change processes and increase approval time by 1100%.
Aras Innovator adapts to your business - not the other way around. Learn about the platform's flexibility, scalable performance and architecture.