Automotive and Transportation
The Automotive industry has undergone unprecedented change in recent years. Manufacturers and suppliers are under immense pressure to reduce costs and increase profits while developing innovative, connected, technology-driven products with globally dispersed teams and incredibly tight cycle times.
GETRAG Ford is a full service global supplier specializing in the development and production of systems for motorcycles, passenger cars, SUVs and light commercial vehicles. Aras PLM has helped them simply and automate their complex workflows and stream line prototyping.
Spartan Motors is a leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of chassis and vehicles for the emergency-rescue, recreational vehicle and specialty vehicle markets. Aras helped Spartan improve productivity, quality and response time through automating engineering BOM Management and work flow automation.
F.X. MEILLER is a global provider of heavy duty trucking systems for the construction, waste management and commercial vehicle industries. Aras has helped F.X. MEILLER replace their legacy PLM and optimize CAD data management, leading to significantly lower costs due to system synchronization.
Driving Quality, Compliance and Lean Product Development
Today’s automotive company is challenged to design and develop vehicles in increasingly tight cycle times with globally dispersed teams. Increased customer demands for connected vehicles and electrification, including hybrid and battery-powered vehicles, add to the pressures. And combined with aggressive CAFE requirements, industry light-weighting initiatives and the emergence of autonomous vehicles marks a time of unprecedented change for product development teams.
Traditional PLM, with its focus on 3D mechanical design, ignores the challenges of managing electronics and software and the interfaces with manufacturing and suppliers. With increasing product complexity and compressed product cycles, today’s automotive company simply can’t succeed with yesterday’s PLM.
Key Capabilities Include:
- integrating cross-discipline design authoring tools directly or via legacy PLM/PDM/ALM systems
- implementing cross-discipline BoM and change management processes
- providing improved access to suppliers
- connecting and supporting other critical processes - e.g. requirements, project management, quality, process planning and technical documentation
Aras Drives Innovation at GETRAG Ford
Preconfigured Automotive Solution Modules
Highlights and Benefits
- Model Driven Program Execution- Preconfigured, integrated solutions to improve supplier related transactions while decreasing risks associated with bringing emerging technologies and materials to market.
- Integrated Manufacturing - managing everything from power train manufacturing, body-in-white and final assembly processes in cross-functional environments.
- Automotive OEMs - ensure you can manage complex, cross-domain processes and methodologies from a single and secure environment.
- Body Systems - process-driven development and manufacturing for transportation and automotive body engineering such as the use of composites from previous vehicle concept, through to production.
- Interior Systems - enable engineers to develop and innovative seat, cargo and interior components.
- Electronics & Software (Mechatronics) - Cross-functional electronics module and integrations for mechanical functions, electrical wiring and electronic consoles
- Power Train Systems - closed-loop product development for the automotive power train lifecycle, from initial development through production, service and support.
Automotive and Transportation Resources
GETRAG Ford - Innovation Management
Spartan Motors Utilizes Aras PLM
Learn how Spartan implemented Aras and standardized processes, improved quality, productivity and response time while managing more than 300,000 parts. Read More
U.S. Army Attains Lean Six Sigma Success
Learn how Aras out-performed another leading PLM system in this independent test using customer data. Measurably superior, Aras consistently loaded large CATIA sets. Read More.
Automotive and Transportation Videos
Leveraging PLM for Automotive Suppliers
Automotive product teams are challenged to remain competitive, optimize operational efficiencies, and achieve profitability in the face of exponential product complexity. This is today’s Business of Engineering.
Learn How Lear Tackled Global Change Management
Key Safety Systems: Change Management
Learn how Lear used Aras PLM software to meet their unique business needs for global change management, while remaining intuitive for end users.
Watch as Key Safety Systems explains how they improved their change efficiency with Aras.