Gain Control Over Your Component Processes
Component search is tough. Organizations making significant use of externally sourced components face the challenge of managing the complete lifecycle of components used in their products from selection through acquisition, compliance reporting and eventual end of life.
Control Your Components
Component Engineering simplifies electronic component selection, approval, sourcing and compliance processes. Engineers and procurement specialists have instant access to complete, current technical data, as well as obsolescence and compliance information, on hundreds of millions of board-level components from leading manufacturers around the world.
- Basic and parametric search
- Component attributes, technical data, latest and historical datasheets, alternates
- Color indicators – preferred manufacturers and parts
- End of life (EOL), Product Change Notice (PCN) and Product Failure Notice (PFN) alerts
- RoHS, REACh and conflict mineral compliance
- IPC 1752A material declaration
Component Engineering and the Cloud
See how Aras' partnership with IHS provides access to over 430 million parts within the IHS database to appear in your PLM system. This transformative business model change allows users access to these components with no need for maintenance of parametric data.
- Increases engineering efficiency and productivity
- Reduces regulatory and supply chain risk
- Saves time and money by driving component reuse
- Control costs and reduce the risk of single-sourced purchasing by working with preferred suppliers
- Eliminate redundant parts and suppliers
- Anticipate and manage obsolescence risk for better long-term product planning