CREATE AND MANAGE DATA ITEMS QUICKLY AND EASILY
In order to configure a PLM system, organizations need to create and modify the managed data items quickly and easily. This capability will give them the flexibility to meet specific business needs and maximize benefits.
Manage Items Your Way
Almost everything in the Aras Platform is defined through an Item Type, including properties views, lifecycles, workflows, access permissions, relationships and program methods. Item Types are the basis for the self-describing property of the Aras Platform.
- Defines data structure and behavior
- Created using in-built modelling tools and stored in the database
- Defines the characteristics and behavior of Items, which are Item Type instances
- Can be divided into multi-level sub-classes
- Flexibility to meet all business needs, maximizing benefits
- Quick and easy to create and maintain, minimizing IT effort
- Dynamic modification allows a system to be modified in flight to meet evolving business needs
GE: EBOM / MBOM With Affected Items
See how General Electric customized Aras PLM to produce "big wins" across the board for their engineering teams.
Find Out More
Aras Community members around the world explain why they choose Aras to drive innovation throughout their business.
See an overview demonstration of the BOM and Part functionality of Aras Innovator and much more.