Bring Organizational Structure to Your Microsoft Office Documents
Microsoft Office is a key set of tools used during all stages of the product lifecycle for a myriad purposes. Many documents contain critical information which needs to be shared and forms part of the product record. However, typically these documents are disconnected from the product record, get lost in shared folders and accidentally deleted from hard drives.
Bring Order to Chaos
Office Connector extends the benefits of PLM to Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Users can manage documents while working within the familiar, easy to use Microsoft environment. Additionally, Office Connector provides administrators with capabilities for document control, security, naming, templates and more.
- Document lifecycle status management, versioning and user access control
- Document classification based on document type
- Automatic document numbering and naming
- Document linking to related items like parts and projects
- Bi-directional property mapping between Aras and inside document text
- Viewables automatically created for Visual Collaboration
Document Management Using Microsoft Office Connector
Watch a demonstration of the business requirements for document management, how Aras Office Connector supports those requirements, and also see some customer examples of Office Connector in action.
- Easy access across the enterprise to critical documents reduces unnecessary errors and delays
- Supports global product development and supply chain collaboration strategies
- User authentication and access management increases control over critical intellectual property
- Ability to include Office documents in all PLM processes increases engineering efficiencies
- Ease of use ensures rapid adoption
Find Out More
Aras Community members around the world explain why they choose Aras to drive innovation throughout their business.
See an overview demonstration of the BOM and Part functionality of Aras Innovator and much more.
Aras Scalability Benchmark Methodology
Industry's Largest Independent Testing Validates Aras Scales to 1 Million Users on Microsoft SQL Server 2014.