Manage the Creation, Release and Change of New and Existing Parts
Managing the orderly creation, release and change of parts is a key challenge for organizations. New parts are critical to delivering innovations and meeting customer requirements. But poor control of part introduction can raise costs and cause delays throughout the organization.
Losing the Parts Battle?
Parts Management provides complete control over the lifecycle of parts including automated workflows to manage the approval processes. Links to CAD models, drawings and documents are automatically maintained. Classification schemes may be implemented to support search and reuse.
- Configurable properties and lifecycle stages
- Approved manufacturers/alternate/substitute parts
- Target weight and cost
- CAD and document integration
- Flexible classification and search
- Version and revision control
- Reduces the time to introduce and release new parts
- Controls cost by preventing the unnecessary introduction of new parts and manufacturers
- Reduces costs and time to market by driving part reuse
- Avoids additional delays and costs by ensuring all users have the right information
Create Parts. Reuse Parts.
See how General Electric customized Aras PLM to produce "big wins" across the board for their engineering teams.